Tuesday, March 22, 2011

You CAN be girly and yourself at the same time.

Have you ever wondered to yourself, "How am I supposed to pretend to be a girl, when I'm really just a tom boy inside?" Well, it's not that hard. Like learning not to say certain things out loud to avoid getting a cold stare down, you can also learn to be more feminine and girly in certain situations.

They key is to consciously think about it. And of course, practice makes perfect. Eventually, you won't even notice you're doing it!

Here's something fun I found on Girly Girl Tips: "Did your mother make you walk around the house balancing the encyclopedia on your head? Mine did. Really ... I'm not kidding. And from there it progressed to walking up and down stairs with not only the encyclopedia, but the dictionary stacked up there too. Why? Because posture is important. I grew up hearing things like, 'it is not lady like to slouch in your chair' and 'a lady always enters the room with her head held high and her shoulder back.' Good posture adds an air of confidence or self-assurance.

Don't be mistaken, in the right environment I'm the first one to kick off my shoes, tuck my feet up under me, and slouch down into the sofa, but I've noticed that subconsciously, when I'm in a situation that warrants it, my back become erect. Put me in a nice restaurant and I'm immediately sitting with my ankles crossed and my back STRAIGHT AS A BOARD.

So, Ladies, dust off those encyclopedias and take a few laps around your home … it really is worth it."

What is it that YOU find the hardest to do when you're trying to be girly?


No comments:

Post a Comment